Homepage
Town Hall
Old Town Hall
Morningthorpe
Brewster Station
Brewster House
Old Southeast Church
Peach Lake
Borden's Milk
Tilly Foster Mine
Sodom Dam
Saint Andrews
Click here for the Southeast Museum
On-Line Tour of Southeast
Brewster House
Walter Brewster House

his fine example of Greek Revival architecture was constructed around 1850. Though built by Walter Brewster, who had studied architecture for one year at Yale, it is most likely that the design came from a builder's guide, a common practice of the era.

Later it was home to John Gail Borden and his family. Those approaching or leaving the Village of Brewster would pass by the stately temple-like building perched above Main Street.

Converted to apartments early in this century, the building then became the home of the Knights of Columbus and served as a school while the Brewster Middle School was being built. It stood vacant for several years until purchased by the Landmarks Preservation Society of Southeast in 1977.

Tours and other special events are offered.

Call (845) 279-7429 for more information.

*Listed in the National Register of Historic Places.

1997-99 Southeast Museum