Homepage
Town Hall
Old Town Hall
Morningthorpe
Brewster Station
Brewster House
Old Southeast Church
Peach Lake
Borden's Milk
Tilly Foster Mine
Sodom Dam
Saint Andrews
Click here for the Southeast Museum
On-Line Tour of Southeast
Morningthorpe
Morninghorpe

he property was originally owned by Benjamin Mead, and was purchased by local circus entrepreneur Seth B. Howes in 1892.

Over the next ten years, with guidance from the New York City architectural firm of Rossiter and Wright, Howes remodeled the home, changing it from a more modest Romanesque residential style house to a grand Tudor mansion. He added rooms and erected several stone towers, including a central tower 16' square by 64' tall.

Large replicas of circus lanterns grace the perimeters of the lawns where circus animals once paraded about.

The building has been handsomely restored by its current owner, the Delancy Street Foundation

1997-99 Southeast Museum