Located off Route 22, the Old Southeast Church was constructed in 1794 and is the oldest place of worship in Putnam County. Long abandoned,
the church was restored and is owned by The Landmarks Preservation Society of Southeast. Today it serves as an ecumenical, music and educational center.
* Listed in the National Register of
The Old Southeast Cemetery is located on Route 22, just south of Route 312. It contains the oldest marked grave in Putnam County, that of Abigail Moss Kent, wife of the
church's first pastor. She died in 1751.
Call (845) 279-7429 for more information