Homepage
Town Hall
Old Town Hall
Morningthorpe
Brewster Station
Brewster House
Old Southeast Church
Peach Lake
Borden's Milk
Tilly Foster Mine
Sodom Dam
Saint Andrews
Click here for the Southeast Museum
On-Line Tour of Southeast
Saint Andrews

This 1901 granite building replaced a smaller wooden building constructed in 1881 on the same site. The church construction was funded by Seth B. Howes, owner of Morningthorpe castle on Turk Hill Road, and echoes that building's English derivation.

 Saint Andrew's Gothic Revival style was the product of two well-known architects of the day: Edward Pearce Casey and Arthur Durant. A prominent square tower, heavy buttresses, simple pointed arch openings, exposed hammerbeam roof trusses and stained glass memorial windows fabricated by the Tiffany trained artists Calvert & Kimberly make this grand building an architectural and historic asset for the community.

*Listed in the State and National Register of Historic Places 1999.

1997-99 Southeast Museum